The Four Survey
I like reading things like this because it gives me a glimpse into the personality of the blogger/writer. I also like being part of a virtual chain mail. And I’m not going to lie, but I like answering a survey about myself. It’s the ultimate form of vanity, my favorite sin. Besides, every now and then, it’s nice to take a break from regular programming.
But before we get to the survey, the beauty pictured above is Dark Chocolate Nutella Cherry Truffles. These are no bake, silky, decadent little truffles, studded with dried cherries that plumped up from being soaked in orange liqueur. You read that right: cherries soaked in orange liqueur. Please make these soon.
FOUR FACTS SURVEY
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
– Bey (my family’s nickname for me ever since I was a baby)
– B (I swear Beyonce is copying all my nicknames…)
– Princess (rare but true)
Four jobs I’ve had:
– account executive at Leo Burnett
– assistant brand manager for Cosmo and Seventeen magazine
– media planner at Overdrive Interactive
– contributing writer and social media consultant at TalkingWriting
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
– Fever Pitch
– Lord of the Rings Trilogy
– Big Fish
Four books I’d recommend:
Four places I’ve lived:
– Malabon, Philippines
– Quezon City, Philippines
– Cambridge, MA
– Madrid, Spain (just kidding, but I can totally see myself living there)
Four places I’ve visited:
Four places I’d rather be right now:
– Manila, Philippines
– my favorite hot yoga studio
– at home in my couch
– somewhere in Mexico (I’ve never been!)
Four things I prefer not to eat:
Four of my favorite foods:
– milk chocolate
– cheese (any kind)
– a ribeye steak
Four TV shows I watch:
– The Mindy Show
– Once Upon a Time
– Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (my favorite franchise, and the only one I’ve managed to keep watching over the years)
– Top Chef (cue my fangirl moment when my imaginary BFFs and favorite contestants Katsuji followed me on Twitter, and Gregory replied to me)
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
(you mean December…)
– Christmas parties, both fancy and laid-back
– holiday baking (next on my list: these Pecan and Cranberry Cookies)
– hot chocolate
– primetime movie watching season. This involves having Elf and Love Actually on repeat, and catching the heavy hitters/Oscar contenders at theaters. I’ve already seen Mockingjay (loved the books, loved the movies) and Foxcatcher (Channing Tatum in wrestling shorts. Enough said). Looking forward to The Theory of Everything and Into the Woods.
Four things I’m always saying:
– I’m hungry.
– I’m so hungry.
– I love him.
Four people I tag to answer these questions:
– I’m cheating here. You’re it!
What are you loving this month? Tell me about it or pick one of the questions and answer it in the comments.
I’m closing with one of my favorite recipes: Salted Caramel Brownie Bites. So easy and soooo fudgy. Plus: mini ROLOs!